Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Light Energy

This entry is a continued one from the previous – A Verse to Remember; Lauanzalna..- A verse that suddenly crossed my mind while we were discussing on Al-Mathurat. As I was not that knowledgeable enough to recite the verse out, it stayed immovable but I could still remember what Allah was trying to say in that verse. When Fazla suddenly asked about the source of Al-Mathurat, where she actually afraid of practicing bida’ah, the discussion has turned to a more serious one- bida’ah; hasanah and dhalalah- (sir azhar knows better in this..hehe)

The matter is, Al-Mathurat is a compilation of those prayers that have been recited by our lovely Prophet, Muhammad PBUH. In Malaysia, Al-Mathurat is practiced widely, especially in most religious schools and university, IIUM for example, provides Al-Mathurat for each student during the Ta’aruf Week. I may not be able enough to find a sohih hadith for each du’a, but I would say most of them are stated in the Holy Quran. But how is this Al-Mathurat connected to A Verse to Remember-Lauanzalna.., and why this entry entitled The Light Energy?

Let us have a deep thinking in the verse written below;

“..Had We sent down this Qur'an on a mountain, you would surely have seen it humbling itself and rent asunder by the fear of Allah, such are the parables which We put forward to mankind that they may reflect..” (Al-Hasyr: 21)


“.. And when Musa came at the time and place appointed by Us, and his Lord (Allah) spoke to him; he said: "O my Lord! Show me (Yourself), that I may look upon You..'' Allah said: "You cannot see Me, but look upon the mountain; if it stands still in its place then you shall see Me.'' So when his Lord appeared to the mountain, He made it collapse to dust, and Musa fell down unconscious. Then when he recovered his senses he said: "Glory be to You, I turn to You in repentance and I am the first of the believers..'' (Al-A’raaf: 143)

Subhanallah, (as my heart pounding rapidly)…

I could still remember when my friends and I were all together having an ‘usrah’ or a study circle with Prof Khalijah bt Salleh, (lecturer in Faculty of Physics, UKM). She touched a lot about Al-Quran and Light.

“Do you know how high the power of light is? Do you ever think of how this world would be if there’s no sun?”


“Light is a source of energy. Al-Quran is a light…So, have you ever think of how Al-Quran can provide you energy?”

Nah..There she was, started to question us with her killing questions. I learned physics, but I never make it useful especially when it comes to religion matter.

Yeah, Al-Quran is a light, and the power of that light made the mountain to collapse. How powerful the light is thus made Prophet Moses fainted when Allah was about to show His greatness. The sun never affects those mountains as much as how the Quran did, and yet we know how strong the sun is! We would definitely be in the dark if there’s no sun, but how our life would be if there’s no light of Al-Quran? It’s even stronger than the power of the sun!

“ you see what I mean, right? Let us think, when one is reciting Al-Quran, he is actually gaining the energy of it. How each cells of the body suddenly received ‘high quality’ energy and it is not from anyone, or anything or any chemical substance or physics equipments, but it is from a ‘zat’ that is invisible, but it’s there..it comes from The Creator, Allah s.w.t..”

“ what would happen if the mitochondria generates energy from the light of God, its own Creator ? For sure, the cell will function well, thus effects the tissue to be well functioned, as well as the organ and the system body. Don’t you ever think that, that very tiny mitochondria does not have respect and grateful toward Allah…never ever think that way! It is even more pious than you…”

“That is why Allah assures for those who made Al-Quran as their ‘best friend’ and as their source of guidance that they will be living happily in this world and the hereafter. Because, they have done their best in the worldly lives as their body have been filled with the perfect energy ever, which came from Al-Quran, thus, made them to actually behave in good actions, as reflection of the perfect energy from the most powerful light that they gained as I mentioned earlier. You got what I mean?..”

“..and that is why Allah grants them paradise. Their corpse will never be digested by those ground worms, because they are all strong with the power of lights. The lights of Al-Quran will actually diffuse in each of the cells in their body. How the light could destroy the mountains, don’t you think how easy it would destroy the ground worms, do you?”

I started to imagine my 7th Edition Solomon Biology Text Book, could not actually remember the chapter, but it was in the early chapters that discussed more on cells. I viewed the location of mitochondria in my mind and tried to remember how it’s too dependent on the ATP that will be gained from most of chemical substance in foods that we ate.

Hmm...a new thing to ponder, huh? I'm not that good in this field and I do really need my ex-classmates, and my lecturers perhaps to explain or discuss more on this..huhu. Still, if we ponder more, go a little bit deeper, we'll find the answer. InsyaAllah...



2 comments:

~dayana~ said...

what a superb one! i guess i know who's prof khalijah..

love your writing..all the best sis!

syahirah jamel to ~dayana~ said...

huhu...i admire her a lot!! a new thing to ponder then..

all the best to u too!